About Me

My photo
Bonjour! I am currently a dancer with the Oklahoma City Ballet, spent last year dancing for Ballet Austin, and before that I spent 3 years training in Pennsylvania. All the while I have developed a love for baking and entertaining. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to throw fabulous dinner parties and create beautiful treats for everyone to enjoy. In fact, last year while dancing in Austin I even earned the nick name Michael Stewart(which I proudly accept). With my newest endeavor, however, I am not willing to share. Anything I am set on doing gets done in full stride; which is exactly why I can't have any little snacks holding me back. "What is so important that you cant even share with your friends and family," you ask? The answer is quite simple. . . . . . A Gingerbread House of course.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Safe And Sound



Okay, I know I Know all 9 of you have just been lost without me. I feel very bad about getting behind on the blog and letting you all down, as I know you wait anxiously by the computer daily to see what I have been up to. Don't worry I have not been slacking on my gingerbread duties but I did just move down to Oklahoma city from Pa so I have been slightly busy. It was a long 18 hour drive that me, my dad, and sophia(cat) did in two days. My father wanted to spend the night in St Louis MO so that left one very pressing question on my mind "what restaurant from diners drive ins and dives will we go to!!" Well we picked a good one; The Iron Barley. I got a veggie Ruben and it was to die for. The meat was replaced with tomato's that were no doubt sauteed in lots and lots of butter, and it came with a nice side of a vinegar coleslaw. My dad got some huge prime rib with a side of polenta barley that he somehow did not manage to finish, very unlike him. I opted to not get a slice of their famous pie, due to the fact that in less then two weeks I will have to be seen in tights again. The next morning we stopped at a coffee shoppe and made our way to the big arch. I didn't want to go but my dad was so excited that I could not hold him back and let me tell you I am very glad I went. It is something to see for sure and quite impressive. After a quick visit to the arch we left for OKC and made it there a quick 7 hours later. "what dose any of this have to do with the damn gingerbread house" I know that's what your thinking and to tell you the truth A LOT. Everything that I made thus far, only small pieces that can be assembled later had to be hulled across country. This is only a taste of what was to come when the house would be completed and taken to Asheville. I got lots of small boxes and lined them with a kind of fiber bad ding. Each piece was placed in and layered with more of the bad ding before being tapped shut. A prayer was said and then loaded into the trunk away from anything that could slam into them. I tried not to think about what was happening to them during the trip, at that point there was nothing I could do and if it all broke well. . . . I would have just killed myself. Easy Fix. Needless to say when I opened to check to see what damage had been done during transit not one thing had broken. The gingerbread gods were with me the two days we traveled and I forever will be grateful. I have gotten a lot of work done since we last talked that I have not shared with you yet but. . . well I kinda don't want to share because I dont want any copycats. Although I will give you a taste of what to expect to see in the next few posts so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael.
    How are you doing with your gingerbread house? I hope you post an update and pictures soon. This weekend I'm going to start baking the walls and roof for my Mexican villa.

    ReplyDelete