About Me

My photo
Bonjour! I am currently a dancer with the Oklahoma City Ballet, spent last year dancing for Ballet Austin, and before that I spent 3 years training in Pennsylvania. All the while I have developed a love for baking and entertaining. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to throw fabulous dinner parties and create beautiful treats for everyone to enjoy. In fact, last year while dancing in Austin I even earned the nick name Michael Stewart(which I proudly accept). With my newest endeavor, however, I am not willing to share. Anything I am set on doing gets done in full stride; which is exactly why I can't have any little snacks holding me back. "What is so important that you cant even share with your friends and family," you ask? The answer is quite simple. . . . . . A Gingerbread House of course.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Plan Of Attack l


Okay, so it has only been a few short posts and hours upon hours of work have been covered. We are all caught up and almost ready to work together in real time. However there is one very important topic I have not covered yet; Plan Of Attack. This is probably the most important weapon needed when entering gingerbread warfare. I have plenty of guns, knives, and flame throwers ( that may be a bit dramatic, how about piping bags, icing colors , and a great cookie recipe) but anyone can get those things with a few clicks of a mouse or by running down to the local craft store. A strategic timeline of events on the other hand can not be bought. When up against such a sophisticated enemy a simple 1 make cookie, 2 slap on some royal icing, 3 throw on some sale Christmas candy is not enough.
The first step in my plan was to send in the spies, observing your opponents strenghts and weaknesses you can see what they do that you like and also what was not so successful. One must be very careful when doing this step, it is very easy to get bogged down when seeing what great talent is out there. This took me directly into phase to "intelligence", DO YOUR RESEARCH !!!! In step one after finding beautiful poured sugar work on a GB home I did not give up thinking I could never do what they had done. I got books, went on the Internet, and asked people until I found out the best way to get a similar or better effect. Having knowledge is a great thing but like a beautiful meadow scattered with land mines, things are not always as they seem. That is why before I do anything directly with the house experimenting on the side is a must.
Once the spies are in and intelligence has been obtained I felt it was time to begin the march into war. This included Finding the house to model and making the model.(Both covered in previous posts)
War never goes as planned and one must always be ready and willing for changes, If the front door is barricaded find another way in. If there is no apparent entrance dig a tunnel and crawl in. Always put up a good fight don't just hold up the white flag and surrender. If movies can tell us anything its that the person with the white flag gets killed anyway. Its better to die with dignity.
So we are all caught up and ready to go into battle together as a team. The rest of my master plan will unveil itself as we continue because it is an ever changing being. Keep in mind I am not a violent person but gingerbread is a serious situation and can not be handled lightly, although it must be handled lightly !!!!!

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment